Lexus RX 300
+ Lexus RX-300 cars
+ Governing bodies and methods of operation
- Settings and routine maintenance of the car
General information about settings and adjustments
Schedule of routine maintenance
Check of levels of liquids, control of leaks
Check of a condition of tires and pressure of their rating, rotation of wheels
Replacement of motive oil and oil filter
General checks of the brake system
Check and replacement of the saloon filter of a heater and To/in
Check of a state and replacement of hoses of a motive compartment, localization of leaks
Check of a state and replacement of belts of the drive of auxiliary units
Replacement of the filtering air cleaner element
Check of a condition of system of production of the fulfilled gases
Check and replacement of spark plugs
Replacement of brake fluid, pumping of the brake system
Check of a condition of components of a suspension bracket and steering
Check of a condition of protective covers of power shafts and hinges of the driveshaft
Check of operability of lighting fixtures, horn and fan of a heater
Check of the EVAP system
Check of a state, adjustment and replacement of brushes of screen wipers
Check of a condition of the battery and care of it
Replacement of the cooling liquid (CL)
Check and adjustment of valvate gaps
Check and adjustment of the course of pedals of the working and parking brake
Check of boots of the parking brake
+ Cooling systems of the engine, heating, ventilation and air conditioning
+ A power supply system and production of the fulfilled gases
+ Systems of electric equipment of the engine
+ Automatic transmission and interaxal differential
+ Transmission line
+ Brake system
+ Suspension bracket and steering
+ Onboard electric equipment
+ Schematic diagrams of electric connections
Check and adjustment of valvate gaps
Check and adjustment of valvate gaps should be made at the cold engine.
- Remove a windshield fairing (see the Head Kuzov).
- Remove the top strut of a motive compartment (see the Head Kuzov).
- Remove the protection cover of the right wing.
- Empty the cooling system (see the Section Replacement of the Cooling Liquid (CL)).
- Remove a decorative cover of the engine.
- Remove assembly of the delivery camera of an inlet air path (see the Head of the Power supply system and production of the fulfilled gases).
- Remove spark plugs (see the Section Check and replacement of spark plugs).
- Disconnect the top hose of a radiator.
- Remove heads of cylinders (see the Head Dvigatel).
- Bring the piston of the first cylinder into the provision of VMT (see the Head Dvigatel).
- By means of the probe measure valvate gaps between pushers of valves and cams of the camshaft. Write down results of measurements and compare them to requirements of Specifications of the Head Nastroyki and routine maintenance of the car. This information will be required further at selection of adjusting washers.
- Turn a shaft on the 240th hail. (2/3 turns) clockwise also perform measurement of valvate gaps.
- Then turn a shaft on the 240th hail. also check gaps of the remained valves.
Turn a bent shaft for a pulley so that the cam of the valve which is subject to adjustment on distributive to a shaft was developed by a working ledge up.
Develop a pusher of the valve risky towards a spark plug (perpendicular to the camshaft). By means of adaptation (A) squeeze out a pusher, place adaptation (B) between a pusher and the camshaft and remove adaptation (A).
Install adaptation (B) at a small angle on the party designated by figures "7" or "9" in situation. You do not start adaptation too deeply not to jam a washer.
- Take an old adjusting washer by means of the small screw-driver and a magnet, measure its thickness by a micrometer and calculate thickness of a new washer on the following formula:
N = T + (AND - V)
T – Thickness of an old adjusting washer;
And – Size of the measured valvate gap;
V – The required size of a valvate gap (see Specifications of the Head Nastroyki and routine maintenance of the car);
N – The required thickness of a new adjusting washer.
- Pick up a new adjusting washer thickness allowing to bring closer as much as possible precisely a valvate gap to the required value. Adjusting washers of 17 standard sizes in the range from 2.500 to 3.300 mm with a step of 0.050 mm are issued.
In certain cases the old washer removed from a pusher of one valve can be suitable for installation on a pusher another, needing adjustment, the valve, - do not hurry to get replaceable washers.
- Wring out a pusher, establish on it the picked-up new adjusting washer and make sure of correctness of the made adjustment.
- Working in a similar manner, adjust all valvate gaps.
- Install all being removed components in the sequence, the return to removal.