Lexus RX 300
+ Lexus RX-300 cars
+ Governing bodies and methods of operation
- Settings and routine maintenance of the car
General information about settings and adjustments
Schedule of routine maintenance
Check of levels of liquids, control of leaks
Check of a condition of tires and pressure of their rating, rotation of wheels
Replacement of motive oil and oil filter
General checks of the brake system
Check and replacement of the saloon filter of a heater and To/in
Check of a state and replacement of hoses of a motive compartment, localization of leaks
Check of a state and replacement of belts of the drive of auxiliary units
Replacement of the filtering air cleaner element
Check of a condition of system of production of the fulfilled gases
Check and replacement of spark plugs
Replacement of brake fluid, pumping of the brake system
Check of a condition of components of a suspension bracket and steering
Check of a condition of protective covers of power shafts and hinges of the driveshaft
Check of operability of lighting fixtures, horn and fan of a heater
Check of the EVAP system
Check of a state, adjustment and replacement of brushes of screen wipers
Check of a condition of the battery and care of it
Replacement of the cooling liquid (CL)
Check and adjustment of valvate gaps
Check and adjustment of the course of pedals of the working and parking brake
Check of boots of the parking brake
+ Cooling systems of the engine, heating, ventilation and air conditioning
+ A power supply system and production of the fulfilled gases
+ Systems of electric equipment of the engine
+ Automatic transmission and interaxal differential
+ Transmission line
+ Brake system
+ Suspension bracket and steering
+ Onboard electric equipment
+ Schematic diagrams of electric connections
Check of a condition of the battery and care of it
During the work with the battery it is necessary to undertake certain security measures. At banks of the battery there is always extremely a flammable hydrogen therefore do not allow an arrangement about the battery of naked flame. Electrolyte of the battery represents solution of sulfuric acid which at hit in eyes or on open parts of the body causes serious injuries. Besides, acid corrodes clothes and paints. At shutdown of the battery always the first disconnect a weight cable, and connect it in the last turn!
Care of the battery is very important procedure allowing to avoid stops in way because of its discharge. Implementation of the procedure of service requires the corresponding tool.
- Before the procedure of service always at first switch off the engine and switch-off all electric devices, then disconnect a weight cable from the battery.
- Usually cars are equipped with the batteries which are not demanding special leaving. It is possible to uncover cans and to add the distilled water. The batteries which are not demanding leaving at all which are completely sealed can be installed.
- Check electrolyte level in each of battery cans – it has to be between the marks MIN and MAX in the battery case. If the level of electrolyte is lower than norm, add only the distilled water and then close covers of cans. If the battery of unattended type with the built-in indicator is installed, addition of water is inadmissible.
Overflow of cans can lead to transfusion of electrolyte during the accelerated charging that will cause corrosion and damage of the next to the battery a component.
- If the positive plug and a collar of a wire of the battery are equipped with a rubber protector, make sure that it is not torn and is not damaged. It has to close the plug completely.
- It is necessary to examine periodically an external condition of the battery on existence of such damages as cracks in the case.
- Check reliability of tightening of collars of wires of the battery providing good electric connection. Check each of wires on all length for existence of cracks and attritions of isolation and the carrying-out core.
- At detection of traces of the corrosion (which is usually representing a friable raid of white color) disconnect wires from plugs, smooth out them a wire brush and again connect. Emergence of corrosion can be minimized by installation of specially processed washers, or by drawing on plugs and collars of wires of a layer of acid-free vaseline or suitable lubricant after their connection.
- Make sure that the pallet of the battery is in satisfactory condition, and the bolt of a fixing collar is reliably tightened. If the battery was removed from the pallet, track that in installation time on it any foreign objects did not lie. At a latching of a fixing collar do not tighten its bolt too hardly.
- Corrosion traces from the pallet, cases of the battery and surrounding surfaces it is possible to remove by means of water solution of baking soda. Apply mix with a small brush, let's it stand and then wash away plentiful amount of clear water.
- The metal surfaces of the car which underwent corrosion should be covered with primer on a zinc basis and then to paint.
- Additional information on the battery and on start of the engine from the auxiliary power supply can be found respectively in the Head Sistemy of electric equipment of the engine and in Introduction.