Lexus RX 300
+ Lexus RX-300 cars
+ Governing bodies and methods of operation
+ Settings and routine maintenance of the car
+ Cooling systems of the engine, heating, ventilation and air conditioning
- Power supply system and production of the fulfilled gases
+ Power supply system
- Systems of release and decrease in toxicity of the fulfilled gases
Check of the PCV system
Check of the EVAP system
Check of catalytic converters
+ Systems of electric equipment of the engine
+ Automatic transmission and interaxal differential
+ Transmission line
+ Brake system
+ Suspension bracket and steering
+ Onboard electric equipment
+ Schematic diagrams of electric connections
Check of the EVAP system
- Examine lines and connections of the EVAP system, as well as a jellied tube and a cover (with laying) a jellied mouth of the fuel tank on existence of damages and weakening of fixture; replace faulty components.
- Warm up the engine up to the working temperature and muffle it.
- Install the vacuum gage on the service union of the line of a purge of the EVAP system.
- Separate the socket of an electrical wiring of VSV of the EVAP system and give battery tension on the sensor. Start the engine.
- Consider indications of the vacuum gage – they have to keep in the range of 9.35 ÷ of 501 mm of mercury. during not less than 5 pages.
- If vacuum does not change, it is possible to assume existence of leaks in the hose connecting VSV to the service union or malfunction of the VSV.
- Join the VSV socket.
- Give 4 nuts and remove protection of an adsorber.
Press a hose of dumping of air in the specified place and give pressure of 25.2 ÷29 mm of mercury to the line. via the service union. In two minutes after giving of pressure the vacuum gage has to show 14.39 ÷ of 16.45 mm of mercury. At unsatisfactory results of checks it is possible to assume existence of leaks through a hose of the VSV connection with an adsorber and with the fuel tank, or sticking of VSV in open situation.
- Make sure that pressure falls at removal of a cover of the fuel tank. If pressure does not fall, it is possible to assume that the hose connecting the service union to the fuel tank is hammered. Disconnect the vacuum gage from the union.
- Check tightness of the fuel tank and its jellied tube. For this purpose disconnect an EVAP line hose from an adsorber and create pressure of 0.04 atm in a tank. Pressure should not fall within not less than 1 minute. Connect the removed hose.
- Disconnect a hose of the EVAP line and a hose of the line of a purge from an adsorber. Disconnect from an adsorber a hose of descent of air and a zakuporta a hose and the union on an adsorber.
- Give pressure of 0.04 atm to the union of the line of a purge on an adsorber and make sure of that, of the EVAP union goes out air. Connect a hose of the EVAP line and a hose of the line of a purge to an adsorber.
- to roverta passability of a hose of air supply.
- Remove assembly of an adsorber. For this purpose:
- Separate the purge VSV valve electrical wiring socket;
- Disconnect a hose of the line of a purge, a hose of the EVAP line and a hose of the line of air supply from an adsorber;
- Disconnect a hose of the line of ventilation from an adsorber. For this purpose press it inside, wring out clamps and extend a hose;
- Turn out 3 bolts and remove assembly of a coal adsorber.
- Examine an adsorber on existence of cracks and other damages.
- To Zakuporta the union of ventilation and, having left corked the purge union, give to the EVAP union air under pressure of 0:02 atm. Make sure that air goes out of the air dumping union.
- Having corked unions of a purge and dumping of air, give to the EVAP union air under pressure of 0:02 atm. Make sure that air goes out of the air supply union.
- Create vacuum of 25.7 mm of mercury. of the purge union also make sure that vacuum does not fall down when closing the union of air supply. At the same time when opening the union of air supply vacuum has to accrue.
- Zakuporte the air supply union, create vacuum of 25.7 mm of mercury in the EVAP union. also make sure that air comes to the purge union.
- Check VSV of the EVAP, VSV system of the valve of a purge, the VSV valve CCV and the sensor of pressure of fuel vapors (see the Section of Check of system of injection).